Mrs Penelope Fraser
MA(Hons), MSc, DipClin Hyp, CHSM
Mrs Penelope Fraser is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist. Penelope is registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC). She is a Chartered Clinical Psychologist and is an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society. She is an accredited therapist with many of the Private Insurance Companies.
Penelope is trained in various psychological treatments including:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Eye Movement and Desensitisation (EMDR)
- Neurolinguistic Processing (NLP)
- Timeline Therapy
Penelope also has a Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis and is a qualified teacher of Qi Gong.
- Former Clinical Lead in Clinical Health Psychology in NHS Tayside
- Taught on the Clinical Psychology Course at University of Edinburgh
- Honorary Lecturer at the University of Abertay and lectured, as requested, to Doctors, Dentists, Clinical Psychologists, medical students and to patient self-help groups
- One of the National Assessors for Clinical Psychology in the UK advising Heads of Departments and Health Boards as necessary
- Member of working groups on the Scottish Intercollegiate Network (SIGN) which develop evidence-based guidelines to help health and social care professionals and patients make evidence-based decisions about healthcare
- Worked in the private sector for over 30 years
Penelope’s role within Northerly Psychology is to provide a number of differing psychological treatments following individualised psychological assessment. She treats adults and teenagers (15+ years).
As well as helping people who have various psychological problems, she also provides treatment for patients who have had psychological reactions either to:
- their physical injury / disease
- medical treatment that is required
- or the impact that such events or accidents have had on their lives
To book an appointment with Penelope please call (01382) 549088 or contact us.